|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kJ/kcal)||73 / 18|
Recipe : Crispy Karela
- 300 g Shana Karela
- 4 tbsp. Oil (corn or vegetable)
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Chilli Powder (to taste)
- 30 g Jaggery (dark muscovado sugar)
- 1/2 tsp. Tumeric powder
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Dhanajeera powder (cumin & coriander mix)
- Paste: Ginger, Green Chillies, Dhanajeera powder, Lemon Juice
- Garnish: Coriander Leaves
- Heat oil in a Karahi or Wok and fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add paste and freshly chopped tomato and cook until soft. Then add the Shana Karela and stir.
- Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes before adding the tumeric powder, chilli powder, jaggery and salt.
- Continue to cook and stir the Shana Karela until they turn crisp (approximately 20 minutes)
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.